1. Information collection
In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect and process the following data about you: a. We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, fill out a form and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, etc b. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities. c. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them; We will only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary. Data may be archived as long as the purpose for which the data was used still exists.
2. How we will use collected information
The purposes for which information may be used by us in and outside Singapore include:
- ensuring that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- providing you with alerts, newsletter, education materials or information that you requested or signed up to;
- carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- designing and conducting surveys/questionnaires for client profiling/segmentation, statistical analysis, improving and furthering the provision our products and services;
- complying with laws and regulations applicable to us or any of our affiliates in or outside Singapore;
- legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts and seeking professional advices;
- researching, designing and launching services or products including seminars/events/forums;
- promoting and marketing services and products subject to your exercise of the opt-out right;
- or purposes directly related or incidental to the above.
3. We intend to use your data in direct marketing and we require your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose.
In this connection, please note that your name, contact details (including address, contact number, email address), products and services information, transaction pattern and behaviour, background and demographic data held by us from time to time may be used by us in direct marketing;
- the following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed in direct marketing: i. services and products related to our site and/or our affiliates (including marketing affiliates programs we are a part of); ii. reward, loyalty or privileges programmes, promotional offers and related services; and iii. invitations to events such as seminars/webinars/tele-seminars, conferences, live programs or events.
- We may conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply telling us (see below for contact details), and we will cease to do so, without charge.
4. Disclosure of your information
- We will keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide information to:i. personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services; ii. our overseas offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts (if any); persons under a duty of confidentiality to us; iii. persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws and regulations in or outside Singapore; or iv. actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services in or outside Singapore.
- We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and Users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorized access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
5. Cookies and tracking
- Our website uses Google Analytics, a web traffic analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Please refer to http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners to find out more about how Google uses data when you use our website and how to control the information sent to Google.
- You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk and you agree not to hold us responsible for any breach of security while accessing the internet that is out of our control. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. Third party websites
Our website may contain links to other sites (“Linked Sites”). We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of such other Linked Sites. We encourage our Users to be aware when leaving our website to read the privacy policies or statements of each Linked Site that collects your personal data. You agree to waive any claim against us with respect to the Linked Sites.
9. Data transfers
We may hold your data on servers in Singapore and any other territories as we see fit from time to time. We may also transfer your data to our overseas offices, who may be located in or outside of Singapore.
10. Your consent and rights
Under the Personal Data Protection Act (the “PDPA”), individuals have the right:
- to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data;
- to require us to correct as soon as reasonably practicable any data relating to you which is inaccurate;
- to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us; and
- to object to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes and we shall not use your personal data for marketing purposes after you communicate your objection to us.
You may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us if you wish to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In accordance with the terms of the PDPA, we have the right to and may charge a minimum fee for processing any data access request. Please send requests for such objections, access to data, correction of data, information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held, questions or complaints to: Sustainable Living Lab Community Lab@UWCSEA, 1 Tampines Street 73, 528704 email@example.com
11. Governing law and jurisdiction