Are you passionate about sustainability? Do you want to take action?
The urgency to transit to a more sustainable world has never been more apparent and community-based efforts are needed more than ever.
For over 10 years, SL2 has been working with communities to tackle sustainability challenges in the area of waste, ageing and climate change through the use of technology. We have primarily done this through physical engagements at the Community Lab@UWCSEA and through regular pop-up activities throughout Singapore.
The Community Lab@UWCSEA was formed in 2016 as a platform to encourage collaborations on sustainability projects between the United World College SEA (East Campus) community and innovators in Singapore. Designed as a makerspace, it serves as a place to gather, share resources & knowledge, work on projects, network, and build as we pursue “sustainability through technology”.
We are seeking a Technologist who will join us in our journey to improve community awareness and support for impactful sustainability initiatives.
Sustainable Living Lab (SL2) co-designs and implements innovation projects with the 3P (Public, Private & People) sector, in alignment with the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Our mission is to create an influential network of Labs across Asia which have the ability to inspire government policy, transform business practices and harness the power of communities. We were founded in Singapore in 2011 and also maintain offices in India, Indonesia and USA.
About the Team
This role is primarily based at the Community Lab@UWCSEA, although you will be expect to be involved in our engagements that take place all over Singapore. You will be reporting to the Community Innovation Team Lead and supporting all partners who are based in the Community Lab@UWCSEA.
About the Role
As a Technologist, you will be involved in providing technical support, equipment maintenance, logistics and inventory management. You will have to work closely with our stakeholders to successfully:
- Provide technical support for internal and external programs that may include 3D Printing, Laser Cutting, CNC Machining, CAD Drawings, General Fabrication and/or Coaching Support;
- Ensure that all equipment is properly serviced and maintained with proper recordkeeping;
- Make logistics arrangements as necessary for internal and external engagements;
- Manage inventory levels and maintain proper records for stock audits;
- Ensure safety guidelines are adhered to in the Community Lab at all times;
You should have at least 1-2 years of prior working experience and a polytechnic diploma or higher qualification. You should ideally have:
- Fabrication Skills (3D Printing, Laser, CNC etc…)
- Mentored or supervised maker projects (in the hardware or software domain) previously;
- Have an outgoing personality who likes meeting new people;
- Have knowledge of 5S Framework for the Workplace;\
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple tasks on time;
- Attention to detail when preparing documents, keeping records and performing safety audits;
- Proficiency in Google Suite online tools.
- Ability to work on some weekends (off-in-lieu will be provided based on a 5 day work week)
- Mature candidates are welcome.