Are you passionate about sustainability? Do you want to take action?
The urgency to transit to a more sustainable world has never been more apparent. It is clear that companies have a big role to play in the transition to a sustainable future, but many have little idea on how to go about doing so. For over 10 years, SL2 has been working with companies to view sustainability as an opportunity rather than a cost. We are now at an inflection point and time is running out. Join us in our journey to help companies (and our planet) find success by increasing the adoption of circular business models and sustainable business practices.
Sustainable Living Lab (SL2) co-designs and implements innovation projects with the 3P (Public, Private & People) sector, in alignment with the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Our mission is to create an influential network of Labs across Asia which have the ability to inspire government policy, transform business practices and harness the power of communities. We were founded in Singapore in 2011 and also maintain offices in India, Indonesia and USA.
About the Team
This role is based out of our Singapore office but you can expect to work remotely often. You will placed with the Corporate Sustainability Team and working with clients who are based in multiple locations and time zones across Asia. The goal of this team is to support the transition of companies (predominantly Small & Medium Enterprises) towards more sustainable business practices.
About the Role
You will be working with companies, government organizations and IHLs in multiple countries to help them learn about sustainability, innovate new business ideas and develop technology concepts. The work will involve:
- Engaging clients and stakeholders (public-private-people) to adopt our solutions and programs.
- Managing client accounts as the key point of contact.
- Co-Designing & delivering training for innovation programs centred on sustainability.
- Collecting, analysing, and drawing insights from corporate survey data and sustainability reports.
You should have relevant qualifications in the domain of sustainability and/or business innovation. You should ideally have:
- A working understanding of sustainability-related issues in both a local and global context.
- General knowledge of sustainability-related certification and standards (e.g. ISO, GRI).
- Basic understanding of innovation processes (e.g. Design Thinking, Business Model Canvas).
- Informed about key sustainability trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Past experience with conducting trainings or/and facilitatating workshops
- Good time management (able to handle multiple clients/projects simultaneously).
- Ability to accommodate working hours to suit needs of international clients who may be in a different time zone. Off-in-lieu will be provided.
- Proficiency in Google Suite online tools.
If you are a fast learner and motivated by the importance of the issue we are tackling, but don’t meet some of the requirements, apply anyway. We have found that motivation often trumps qualifications.