Are you passionate about sustainability? Do you want to take action?
The urgency to transit to a more sustainable world has never been more apparent. It is clear that companies have a big role to play in the transition to a sustainable future, but many have little idea on how to go about doing so. For over 10 years, SL2 has been working with companies to view sustainability as an opportunity rather than a cost. We are now at an inflection point and time is running out. Join us in our journey to help companies (and our planet) find success by increasing the adoption of sustainable business practices and circular business models.
Sustainable Living Lab (SL2) is a sustainability consultancy and innovation lab founded in Singapore in 2011. We specialise in creating and implementing rapidly evolving, impactful solutions. Our expertise lies in leveraging technology as a tool for sustainability, with a strong emphasis on a community-driven approach to implementation. Our practical yet ambitious approach has helped us build a client base across governments, international development organisations, leading multinational corporations (MNCs), and small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
Headquartered in Singapore, we have established a strong presence in Asia and beyond. Our strategically located offices in India, Indonesia, and the United States enable us to effectively engage, understand, and tailor our solutions to specific contexts.
About the Team
This role is based in Singapore. You will be placed with the Corporate Sustainability Team and working with clients who are based in multiple locations and time zones across Asia. The goal of this team is to support the transition of companies (predominantly Small & Medium Enterprises) towards more sustainable business practices.
About the Role
You will create impact with companies, government organisations and Institutes of Higher Learning in multiple countries by training them on sustainability concepts, innovate new business ideas and co-develop technology solutions. The work will involve:
- Account Management: Engaging clients across scoping, proposal preparation and project management.
- Co-Designing & delivering training for innovation programs centred on sustainability. Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in corporate sustainability.
- Program Management: Collaborate with the Corporate Sustainability Team to design, implement, and manage sustainability programs that align with our company’s goals and objectives.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders to drive sustainability initiatives.
You should have relevant qualifications in the domain of sustainability and/or business innovation. You should ideally have:
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience in corporate sustainability, environmental consulting, or a related field.
- Strong understanding of sustainability principles, frameworks (e.g. ISSB, GRI, TCFD, GHG Protocol), and best practices.
- A working understanding of sustainability-related issues and trends in both a local and global context.
- Basic understanding of innovation processes (e.g. Design Thinking, Business Model Canvas).
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, for creating reports, delivering presentations, and engaging with stakeholders at all levels in English.
- Good time management (able to handle multiple clients/projects simultaneously).
- Able to adapt to ambiguous contexts of contributing to a wide range of client projects unfolding simultaneously.
- Ability to accommodate working hours to suit the needs of international clients who may be in a different time zone. Off-in-lieu will be provided.
- Proficiency in Google Suite online tools.
If you are a fast learner and motivated by the importance of the issue we are tackling, but don’t meet some of the requirements, apply anyway. We have found that motivation often trumps qualifications in the long run.
‘Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested to apply for this role.’